Jet Room Restaurant was purchased in 2017 with the intention of continuing the same great traditions with the same great team the O’Malley’s have built over the past 20 years. We wish Pat and Pam O’Malley the best in their retirement!
In July 1976, Pat O’Malley opened The O’Malley Farm Cafe in Waunakee, on the suburban farm land where he grew up. After 20 years of serving the Waunakee and surrounding area residents, Pat sold The O’Malley Farm Cafe in 1996 to pursue a career in real estate.
A year later, realizing his heart was still in the restaurant business, Pat and his wife Pam opened Pat O’Malley’s Jet Room. This quaint little diner was located in the former main terminal of the Madison Airport. The old stone building had served as the terminal from 1937-1967, and by 1997 housed Wisconsin Aviation/Four Lakes.
Five years later in 2002 the old stone building was razed to make way for the new state-of-the-art Wisconsin Aviation building. In December 2002 Pat O’Malley’s Jet Room reopened in a bright new setting to serve the needs of General Aviation and the Madison area communities.